Monday, December 8, 2008

THE PAIN OF LOSING A LOVED ONE!

By Apostle William K Korir.

It was in the afternoon on Sunday 29th November 2008 after the service that I requested George Odhiambo one of the new faithfuls who recently joined Hope Ministries, to join me for lunch in my house. After taking our lunch we rested for a while,and set off to visit some place about 10 kilometres from my home. We found some lady who invited us to her house and offered us some juice.

We informed the lady that we were looking for land to set up a church noting that there was no church in the locality. We conversed for several hours and later we decided to go back to our homes as it was getting late.

The Lady pleaded with us to accompany her to her immediate neighbours house and offer prayers. we went to the lady's home and found her sleeping in a room next to the door. The lady was demon possessed and needed devine heeling. we offered prayers and prayed for her healing. The lady repented and accepted Jesus as her personal saviour.

On Monday 30th November 2008, the husband called me and advised that his wife had been admitted in one of the Clinics in the town and was receiving medication. I later visited her in the evening and offered prayers and went to the hospital daily upto Thursday, when the husband called me to inform me that his wife had been moved to another hospital located some 80 kilometres a way to receive better treament. The man was confident that prayers would heal his wife. He requested me to continue topray for him which I did.

On Saturday morning at about 8.00 O'clock he called me and informed me that his wife had passed on.My heart broke down and I was in deep grief for I had taken the whole week praying and fasting. I beleived God was going to heal her as the lady had already strongly believed in the devine God and she prayed deeply and fervently whenever I went there.

The husband was devastated when he received the news of the passing on of her late wife and I could see him to be in deep pain. It is only God who can heal him well. In the Book of Jeremiah say God has good plans for his chidren and he is not please in the dead of sinners. God answers all prayers according to His will. The Lady accepted Jesus and in my view she needed to heal in order to serve God more and God chose what was best for her, He took her life. As this is beyond us, we ought to God's ferdict and thank him for the time He had allowed her to live. The lonliness the husband was going through would only be filled by God himself. No human can do that. The two even though they had not been blessed with children, were in deep love and the wife kept calling her husband - Sweetie!

The Death of a loved is horribly painful......... Well! The only way to overcome the pain accompanying the tragic events is to thank God and continue trusting in Him alone! The Bible tells us that God knows the number of days allocated to each one of us.Psalms 90:10-12.. Therefore trust in the Lord always for he has inscribed your name in His palms.

HOPE MINISTRIES WORLD IS TODAY'S VOICE OF HOPE TO THE WORLD. WE URGE PEOPLE TO COME TO JESUS AND RENEW THEIR RELATIONSHIPS WITH GOD! IT IS TIME THE WORLD TURN BACK TO GOD OUR SOURCE OF HOPE.

No comments: